Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Solo Day

Yesterday, I arrived at school at my normal time to receive a phone call that my CT was staying home with a sick grandchild.  While a sub would be in the classroom, she asked me to run all of the classes.  We have two preps, and I have been making lesson plans for one of them.  The prep that I haven't been planning was reviewing for a test today, so the plan for their class was not anything complex.

Still, though, I was surprised by how frantic I became to get everything together for 1st block (the prep that I don't have).  I had to balance making copies, finding the presentation document, getting all of the papers I needed, and reviewing the lesson plan for this 1st block, all while not leaving the room since I didn't have keys to lock the chemistry room up.  I quickly realized how crucial it is to be completely prepared each day.  I know that in a normal situation, that wasn't a spur of the moment thing, I will know what's coming and I would be prepared anyway.  Having yesterday morning, though, definitely reinforced this!

At the end of the day, I was exhausted, but I did enjoy having the classes!

2 comments:

  1. I should have come to observe you yesterday :)

    Glad everything went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's scary, but I'm sure you'll feel more comfortable next time! Glad it went well for you.

    ReplyDelete