As some of you may have had to do already, this week I had all of the classes again. (Dr. V was gone to an EOC training at Dunbar Monday-Wednesday) This was really good for me and I got lots of good experience. The hardest part was taking on all these classes at once that I wasn't teaching regularly. The students weren't used to having me up in front of them, so it was more difficult to get them to stay on task. The class that I have been teaching was much more compliant, though. It wasn't as much of a "sub" day as it was for the others.
I'm glad you got the experience and I am sure that you did a good job. We know that keeping students on task is half the battle. But I'm sure you kept them engaged.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, anytime I get worried when i'm standing in front of blank faces I remember when you did that discrepant event in Science Pedagogy last semester. You had that perfectly content face of "So, what cha got kids?"