Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sub-Driving Questions

I wanted to brag on my Physics students a bit because they have done such an awesome job with their projects so far. Some of the sub driving questions that I have received for the project are:

"How much momentum is transferred when a bullet hits a baseball?" (They are going to do this and film it in their free time)

"Are the impacts seen in Hollywood films possible or deadly?" (They are examining the Jet-Extraction scene from 'The Dark Knight')

"When a rock climber falls (with a rope attached safely), how high does the person belaying them go in the air and what is the force on each person?" (They are examining a YouTube video of a clip of people climbing at the Red River Gorge and creating their own experiment)

I am lucky that these are such great students and I think their projects are going to be great!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, these are great examples of driving questions. Dr. Wilhelm will be happy to know this :)

    ReplyDelete