This week, we started cat dissections in anatomy. This is my first time dissecting a cat. Actually, the only other thing I have dissected was a fetal pig about 3 years ago. So really, this is a great learning experience for me. I don't know all of the muscles that they are looking for or even what they should look like, but I'm excited to keep helping with this so I'll be more prepared in the future to do this with a class of my own.
Real cats? I'm surprised they still do that. Do any of the students complain or refuse to do it?
ReplyDeleteYes, the cats come from some humane society that has to put them down for whatever reason. And actually I haven't seen much resistance on the part of the students. Some don't like it too much, but they all still do it. I think Dr. V said no one has ever refused to do it.
ReplyDelete