Wednesday, February 15, 2012

So Much Information!

Today, my Pre-AP students finished Ch. 10: The Mole.  They are taking a large quiz over it tomorrow, but they will not have a test until they finish the stoichiometry chapter.  They have been doing well so far, but these topics tend to have a ton of material, and I think that students are beginning to feel overwhelmed.  Many of their skills will be used throughout the next unit, but I am still worried about them losing Ch. 10 content before their test.  I'm going to have to brainstorm some ideas to keep them up to speed with the new material while not forgetting the old!

3 comments:

  1. Do you think it is the math related to moles that makes students feel overwhelmed?

    Let us know how they do on the exam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They seem okay with the math, actually. Its more of the fact that we have learned how to calculate so many different things: mole conversions, molar mass, percent composition, empirical formulas, molecular formulas, hydrates, etc. They have trouble remembering when they need to use which process.

    They took a mini-test on this today, though, so I'll have to see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We graded the tests, and they did AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete