Thursday, February 2, 2012
My First Discipline Issue
I had to write a student up yesterday. It really had me flustered because the student was in trouble before school had technically even started. I've taught four days in there and this was the third day that the student has cussed at me for politely asking him to sit where he is supposed to and not by his friend. I talked with my teacher and the assistant principal and it seems that a lot of students are like this where they like to push their limits with new teachers and see how they react...just a heads up to the rest of you. As a solution I am trying to be a positive influence for the kid now and make friends with him. Hopefully it works out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck with this! Discipline issues can be so frustrating because all we want is to help these kids out and help them be better learners, but this is impeded so much by the need to cut the alternative behavior out.
ReplyDelete