Saturday, March 3, 2012

Finishing up the Cats

In anatomy, we just finished up with the test on the cat dissections. I think it was a good experience for me. This was my first time helping lead something like this, and I feel more confident in doing something like this in the future. Through-out, there were never really any problems with students not wanting to dissect the cats or anything like that, but all of them were aware of this component of the class before taking it. I suppose if someone is completely against dissections, then they just wouldn't sign up for the class. To my knowledge, this hasn't been a problem in the past, but there is discussion going on about having a separate anatomy class with a virtual dissection instead of the traditional one. I'm interested to see if there is a lot of turn out for this type of set-up.

2 comments:

  1. Are the students presented with an alternate assignment if there happened to be students that did not want to dissect?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, that isn't on the table. I'm sure if someone was greatly opposed, something would be worked out, but nothing is said beforehand to give the student an "out".

    ReplyDelete