Monday, March 5th, School is IN SESSION! Yep, it's true. MMSK policy is that if local schools are out then students will not be counted absent and it is entirely up to the parents if they come to school or not. We had 32 students today. The prinicipal brought donuts for everyone, the "Baking Micro-economy" group made hot chocolate for everyone after we played outside in the snow...I mean "worked" outside. We did a quick rotation through math, support and writing classes. Then Baking class made chicken soup for everyone for lunch. In the afternoon we primarily focused on review and some students got caught up on various assignments...
All in all, it was just an abbreviated day in terms of learning. As a parent, I appreciate that the students had a safe and productive day that did not require a parent staying home from work.
I think it is great that you have such a great attitude about not getting a snow day! Sounds like you guys had fun regardless!
ReplyDeleteYeah, agreed! I know I was pumped for a day to try and get caught up on all of this work that has been piling up! I think this was the most I've hoped for a snow day since I was a little kid ;) But I can see the benefit in what you had going on there. Safe and productive are words that mean a lot to parents, I'm sure.
ReplyDelete