Thursday, January 26, 2012

Blah Blah Blah....!

Kids like to talk! Today I was teaching an ESL Biology class and some of the students were congregating together and talking quite a bit. A couple of times, this did get disruptive; I had to calm them down and get them refocused. One thing that I want to try is giving them assigned seats. If I can split up the groups so that I don't have small pockets of people speaking their native languages while not paying attention to anything else, that would be great. I talked to my cooperating teacher and he thought it would be a good thing to do as well. But, we are going to wait until the next unit starts so the students may be able to see this as a way to learn in a more effective way and not just a random punishment.

1 comment:

  1. If you can figure out ways to get the students to stop talking please let me know!!! My Algebra class can get a bit rowdy. Make sure and give us a follow up on how the assigned seats work out!

    ReplyDelete